One more sleep until we open the 12th Annual Dawson City International Short Film Festival, presented by the Klondike Institute of Art and Culture with Yukon Energy.
Enjoy over 100 short films while sitting in our brand new seats! This great celebration of short films and media art opens with a live multi-media performance by musician Rozalind MacPhail and 13 films from St.John’s Newfoundland. Throughout the weekend, watch films from around the world and from such Yukon notables like Allan Code, Andrew Connors, Max Fraser, Daniel Janke, Tookie Mercredi and Mary Jane Moses. They will be joined by some great films right out of Dawson by Lulu Keating, Charles Stankievech and Chris Levett. We also have a full line up of 17 films by Yukon emerging artists and full screening of films by Yukon Youth.
Here is a sampling of other things to do on the weekend:
• Make films too! You can sow your creative oats while in Dawson in festival guest Brenda Longfellow’s workshop “From Documentary to Documentary Opera,” or in our “3rd Annual 1-Minute Film Challenge”!
• Learn what makes a good film and how to acquire funding with Judy Gladstone of Bravo!FACT.
• Check out the secrets of working with actors in Michael Greyeyes’ workshop.
• See what Artists in Residence, Marcia Connolly and Angela Joosse, have been up to as they screen work that have made in Dawson City
• We also pleased to host Gwynne Dyer, who will give a short lecture on his new book climate wars. (Saturday, 5:45pm)
• Tired of sitting? Wander through the ODD Gallery and check out the video work of Vancouver artist Isabelle Pauwels.
All this and our first ever DCISFF Street BBQ outside the ODD Fellows Hall on Sunday at 6:30, just before our final film screening. Hang out after the screen goes dim to find out who wins the coveted Made in The Yukon (MITY) Awards, and dance the night away to DJ Whitebread at our closing video dance party!
Come join us in Dawson on Easter weekend!
Check out www.dawsonfilmfest.com for our full schedule or call Dan Sokolowski at 993-5005.