CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Confluence Members’ Gallery is operated seasonally in the Yukon School of Visual Arts. It is a volunteer-run project that always welcomes new volunteers and submissions.
Over the past 6 summers, KIAC has coordinated a series of solo/group exhibits representing a broad range of local artists. Selected exhibitors are responsible for all aspects of their show (hanging, lighting, opening receptions, gallery-sitting, takedown and clean up, etc.) KIAC staff will assist with promotion and will provide basic hanging supplies and direction as needed.
Exhibitors are responsible for ensuring the gallery is open during advertised hours by recruiting volunteer gallery sitters or by opening the gallery themselves.
Exhibition slots will be offered to Dawson City Arts Society (DCAS) members only. DCAS memberships can be purchased at KIAC in the front office or by phone at 867-993-5005 during business hours. Yearly memberships are $15 for individuals / $25 for families.
- May 23 – June 16
- June 20 – July 14
- July 18 – August 11
- August 15 – September 8th – reserved for the DCAS Member’s Group Exhibit
*Exhibition dates may be subject to change
How to Apply:
Please include your name, phone number, email, preferred exhibition slot and a brief description of your project (no more than 1 page), along with the following:
- name(s) of artist(s) whose work will be exhibited
- approximate number of artworks
- theme / curatorial statement (if applicable)
- how work will be prepared for exhibition (ie framed, matted, on plinths etc)
- 3 – 5 images (Please scale digital images to 150 dpi – no more than 600 pixels high or wide. Titles, dates and artists’ names should be clearly marked)
JPEGs and digital applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Alternatively, images and applications can be dropped off at KIAC (2nd & Princess) or mailed to: KIAC, Box 8000, Dawson City, YT, Y0B 1G0
For more information, please contact Ange at 867 993 5005 or programs[at]kiac.ca