Dawson City Arts Society seeks a dynamic and highly motivated individual to implement a season of pilot shows as part of a practical market-research project designed to test the feasibility of summer-long performing arts programming in the iconic Palace Grand Theatre.
- Utilize information gathered in Palace Grand research conducted this year by DCAS to inform activities for a pilot season
- Communicating with performers, agents or producers to organize logistics for pilot season
- Preparing performer contracts
- Managing relationships with sponsors, suppliers, performers, staff
- Recruiting and supervising technical and front of house staff to assist with equipment requirements, ticket sales, concession and volunteer management
- Facilitating client and audience feedback strategy to gauge success of pilot performances. Consolidate and report results to funders
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for the series
- Enthusiasm for theatre, music and the arts
- Solid administrative and project management skills
- General knowledge of the technical aspects of theatre and music productions
- Experience coordinating events and volunteers
- Marketing/promotion skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets and other office software
- Willingness and ability to seek and obtain sponsorships
- Research and reporting skills and experience
Duration: June 3rd to Sept. 26th, 2013
Hours: 30 hours a week, ability to work outside of normal office hours.
Wage range: $20 to $25 an hour, depending on qualifications
Closing Date for Applications:May 27th, 2013 at 4:30 pm
Please submit completed cover letter and resume to the KIAC Office or to the Klondike Outreach Office. Attention: Karen DuBois, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A detailed job description is available upon request