Make a wool parka in a weekend (and a bit)! Seamstress Debbie Winston will guide the participants in making a lined wool parka in three days.
Dates/ times: March 10-13 2017
- Friday March 10, 6pm-9pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 10-5 (with 1 hr lunch break)
- Monday March 13, 6-9pm
Location: KIAC Classroom
Cost: $108 for KIAC Members, $120 for Non-Members
- Sewing machine
- 90/14 size needles (at least) – also available for purchase from instructor
- Fabric Scissors
- Pins and/or weights
- Measuring tape
- Zipper – also available for purchase from instructor
- Wool Fabric (or old wool blanket)- 60 inches (150cm) wide, and at least 118 inches (3 metres) in length.
- Inner lining Fabric (kasha lining, windproof lining, rayon, poly, anything smooth- not flannel)
- *If you would also like to bring fabric to make a shell (gore-tex, etc), there will be time to measure and cut the material, but not to sew it.
- You’re welcome to contact the instructor if you have questions about supplies: Debbie Winston – firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop by KIAC to register, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, or call 993-5005